muMs-ography

My photo
muMs is an award-winning New York City based Poet and a member of the Labyrinth Theater Company.

muMs

muMs
muMs the Schemer ===> Schemer: fiend, foe, friend, fear, /swallower of your fear, /blasphemer, /dreamer…. /to hold, to have, to be in a condition akin to, to victory he prevails! /A mathematical or philosophical diagram representing the astrological aspects of the planets, emotions and intellect on scales, /teller of your tale /in a letha-phorical outline, /a concise examination crafty and secretive in sign, /a systematic and organized chaotic plot. /I am muMs the schemer and you, are not. ===> The first ‘m’ is lower-cased /concerned with race /and small manipulative matters of that sort: /the things in our face /that bleed into our heart. /The ‘u’- also small- leads me to look to the sky, walk there the edge of a shore equating to particles of sand, stars, the moon. To be under all that which is bigger than me lead’s to the second ‘M’ capitalized for the manipulation /of that that from which all shall begin /and again /from when /we least expect. /The ‘S’ is the trick: the hush of it all. /The control over what we discuss, beckon or call /or plural to represent the many that know /or just that the path is a windy road? /No matter, it also is small. ===> muMs, the schemer and echo-er of it all.

welcome to a new day --goRealer

Friday, February 19, 2010

write to live


I was out to dinner with my friend Alicia Witt last night. we usually have an orgasm of Sushi and Saki at Sasabune in Westwood but we decided to go to Real Food Daily instead. This spot is the BOMB!!! I'm really not into vegetarian food. I absolutely HATE tofu and sometimes vegetarian people come off as just a bit pretentious but maybe it's just me projecting. This place had NO tofu on the menu though. Say word! Crazy delish! Anyway, this post isn't about food. When Alicia and I get together we have very in depth forward thinking conversation about life, relationships, politics and of course acting. We don't agree on everything but we respect the sharing of each others opinion. Last night we spoke about may things including the changing structure of relationships and how we as humans couple as opposed to how we did 50 or 100 years ago. I'll break that down more specifically in a later post. At one point we began to discuss the dream, as actors, and how mine had changed in the past few years. I explained to her my recent frustrations as an actor (made known in my previous posts) and that lead to us really acknowledging what we really want out of this life. Both of us are believers in that alchemist ideal of telling the universe exactly what you want using that energy to pull it towards you. For me it went like this: I want to write! I want to live by a beach, not too close but close enough. I want three rescue dogs, an apartment with an alcove and a better than decent sized kitchen. I want a really cool girlfriend with her own apartment, a recurring role on a popular network TV show and a really cool publisher that will wait for my novel. oh yeah, mad frequent flyer miles from traveling back and forth to NYC and a big mailbox to hold the checks. Hey universe, make it happen. thanks.
gorealer

No comments: