muMs-ography

My photo
muMs is an award-winning New York City based Poet and a member of the Labyrinth Theater Company.

muMs

muMs
muMs the Schemer ===> Schemer: fiend, foe, friend, fear, /swallower of your fear, /blasphemer, /dreamer…. /to hold, to have, to be in a condition akin to, to victory he prevails! /A mathematical or philosophical diagram representing the astrological aspects of the planets, emotions and intellect on scales, /teller of your tale /in a letha-phorical outline, /a concise examination crafty and secretive in sign, /a systematic and organized chaotic plot. /I am muMs the schemer and you, are not. ===> The first ‘m’ is lower-cased /concerned with race /and small manipulative matters of that sort: /the things in our face /that bleed into our heart. /The ‘u’- also small- leads me to look to the sky, walk there the edge of a shore equating to particles of sand, stars, the moon. To be under all that which is bigger than me lead’s to the second ‘M’ capitalized for the manipulation /of that that from which all shall begin /and again /from when /we least expect. /The ‘S’ is the trick: the hush of it all. /The control over what we discuss, beckon or call /or plural to represent the many that know /or just that the path is a windy road? /No matter, it also is small. ===> muMs, the schemer and echo-er of it all.

welcome to a new day --goRealer

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Warrent


Man asks me,
u got warrants?
I ain't got no warrants.

U ever been arrested?
Yeah... but not in no long time, like I don't even know. What I do?
There's no walking between cars.
Really? U get the old lady that was right in front of me?
Plain clothes got her.
Where she at?
They kept her on the train.
U saying since she got snatched by detecs she stay on her train?
We're uniformed. We take people OFF the train.

Damn. I give him the I'm-muMs-spiel but he ain't having it while he run my name. To myself I'm thinking I ain't got no warrants... I don't think. I aint done nothing since I been back and they ain't gonna see that Cali shit. I think I'm clean. I'm clean. Say it again confident.
Clean. Upstanding. I got rights.
I say out loud, how u gonna bag me for walking between cars while 50 people got shot last weekend!? I ain't do nothing! Man... three trains gone by already!
Man look hard at me, I look hard back. He go and come back, say, u ever been to Brooklyn?
Yeah I been to Brooklyn. I don't live in Brooklyn but I been on Brooklyn.


You have a warrant in Brooklyn?


Word? Wait... What???

My heart beats, adrenaline jumps, knee stops hurting, breathing steadies. Everything slows down. His gun, on his right side. He thumb on the holster release. His partner half cocked, back turned. They're ready for me to make a move. There's a fence at the end of the platform. Breathe. Think.
He's got my license, can't go home. How much cash I got on me? Breathe. There is nothing but this moment. This second to assess. Survive.
Man looks in my eye. My face empty.
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
Man takes out a notepad, copies my information, says take care of your warrant. Hands me back my license.



No comments: